Sunday, November 11, 2012

Back in Time: A Dream at the Maier Museum

"The Shrine of the American Dream", 2012, installed at the Maier Museum.


Panorama of "The Shrine of the American Dream" with Brooke, Edgar, and me.


I spent the summer painting images of US patent designs onto panels made from found wood.  I describe the project in more detail in a previous blog post. The project is entitled "The Shrine of the American Dream" and is the brainchild of Edgar Endress who invited Brooke Marcy, Marco Moreno Navarro, and I to contribute to the installation.

"The Shrine of the American Dream" is on view until December 7, 2012 at the Maier Museum of Art, Lynchburg, VA as part of the museum's annual exhibition of contemporary art. The show includes work by artists Sook Jin JoAssaf EvronMuriel HasbunJiha Moon, and Kukuli Velarde.



Me looking as though I did the whole project myself.


 One of my contributions to the installation: US Patent No. 232,233, helmet from a fireman's suit, 1880.


Detail showing one of Marcus Moreno Navarro's exquisite sculptures.  

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fabulous project to be a part of! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete