Sunday, December 18, 2011

Floating Utopia


I spent a few days this past week working on a project with Floating Lab Collective.  The drawings I made have been installed alongside several other Floating Lab projects in the WIP Gallery at Artisphere, an arts center in Arlington, Virginia.  The exhibition is titled "Floating Utopia: Mobile Art Gallery Designs" and features drawings and objects from a variety of projects that Floating Lab is currently working on.


My contribution of drawings to the "collective object" project.






One of the walls in the gallery is painted with chalkboard paint and we wanted to use it in some way.  I spent an hour (because that's how much time was on the parking meter) making a drawing related to the Re-museum project.  I didn't have an eraser but my shirt sleeve worked just as well.


The MET and the Screamer on display.  





I also drew instructions on the MET that invite visitors to cut out and assemble a paper model of the Floating Museum (Floating Lab's taco truck turned mobile gallery).  Hopefully, visitors will feel free to contribute their own designs to our attempts to expand the possibilities of a mobile museum by augmenting and adapting the structure of the truck.


No comments:

Post a Comment