Sunday, December 25, 2011

Peace


I had planned to travel to visit family during my winter break off from school.  However, last week I decided to stay home in order to continue working on unfinished pieces that will go in my MFA thesis exhibition, which opens January 16th.  I felt that I needed all of the time that I could get to bring the show together successfully. Taking a week off seemed irresponsible and so I spent the past week in the studio rather than visiting family.

Even so, I spent yesterday and today away from the studio enjoying a stay-cation with my wife.  It has been good for me to take a break, especially since I have become so keyed-up about the success of my exhibition.  I spent today catching up with family and friends by phone, Skype, and Facebook.  My head feels a little clearer today and I don't feel as anxious--today, the world does not seem like it will end if my show is a flop.  Most importantly, I feel connected to my family and friends.  Those relationships are more important than any success I will ever achieve and I need to remember that as I jump back into my frenzied production on Monday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment